Friday 22 February 2008

Micro Universe Trading Day

First of all, many thanks to all who attended our first go at a "Trading Day" for Micro Universe Doctor Who figures. After a quiet start, the game playing soon kicked into gear with much pondering over whether a "Spacesuit Doctor" (only found in the Santuary Rocket) is worth swapping for the "Master". Personally, I don't think so...

I brought in my custom "Rose" Micro Universe figure, but I don't think I'd be willing to swap that for anything. Basically, I carved a Martha figure up a bit, rebuilt her hair, made her jacket into a hoodie and repainted her. It's a good job the Micro Universe figures don't have faces, cause I'd have probably ruined it by trying. I'm in the midsts of customising another of my many spare Martha's into a Donna in wedding dress, which has involved a lot of Milliput sculpting. Not sure how well it's turning out yet, but I'll keep at it.

Other than that, nothing too huge to report. We've had some amazing Thunderbird replica models come in...


They come in cool display cabinets and everything. We have TB1 and TB3 (£395.00 each or £750.00 for the two), they're pricey and for the serious collector, but when you see them you'll instantly see why they're so expensive - they're very, VERY nice, and come with a certificate signed by Gerry Anderson himself.

At the other end of the spectrum, we've just had the Doctor Who busts come in.


The box packaging doesn't really do them justice, and when you see them "in the flesh" so to speak you'll be impressed. Not only that, but we're selling them for £14.99, rather than the £39.99 they originally were. Would look nice on the top of my TV, if it wasn't being hogged by my Master Chief Halo 3 helmet...

DFC

No comments: