Friday 22 February 2008

Toby Hadoke

Toby Hadoke will be signing at our store - Thursday 28th Feb 2008 from 4pm. Toby is performing his hit one man show "Moths Ate my Doctor Who Scarf" at the Norwich Arts Centre on Thursday night, and we've managed to persuade him to come into our store beforehand to sign copies of his CD - the BBC7 adaptation of the show. Feel free to pop in and chat to him about all things Doctor Who and stand up comedy.

"Moths" is an award winning show, a comedy autobiography, charting his childhood geekdom and affection for Doctor Who, through to introducing his kids to the phenomena with the 2005 relaunch. It's great stuff (I especially liked the "BBC Announcer" doing his "This week, the Deadly Assassin... I mean, is there any other kind of assassin?" bit. I'm paraphrasing, but you get the idea), and will ring true to many a sad geek like me. Heck, I grew up when Star Wars had just come out (yes, I saw it when it was first released, I'm that old), and started playing D&D when that was first released too.

Maybe I should write a Geek-Autobiography myself? There don't seem to be many around. There are a few good ones... "Dalek I loved you" by Nick Griffiths is cool too (out in paperback in April), "The Elfish Gene" by Mark Barrowcliffe is another classic, but probably only cool to the D&Ders out there. And, of course, "Just a Geek" by Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher from Star Trek TNG).

All good reading!

Pop into the shop and chat to Toby Hadoke on Thursday and feel free to talk to us about all things cool and slightly geeky!

No comments: